Website Privacy Notice
Welcome to the Vancouver Division of Family Practice (“Division”) website, located at www.vancouverdivision.com (“Website”). This Website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how the Division collects, uses and discloses personal information collected through the Website, as well as the rights Website visitors have with respect to their personal information.
This website is maintained by the Division, and hosted externally by InMotion Hosting Inc. InMotion Hosting provides us with the online platform that allows us to provide the website to you. Your information, including p, may be stored through InMotion Hosting servers.
By visiting this site, you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
Definition of “personal information”
In this Notice, “personal information” means any factual or subjective information, recorded or not (irrespective of its format), regarding an identifiable individual. Examples include name, age, identification number, income, ethnic origin, blood type, opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, disciplinary actions, employee files, credit or loan records, medical records, or the existence of a dispute between parties. It may also include more technical information, such as your IP address, browser settings and device ID, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Information that is aggregated or anonymized and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
Limiting collection of personal information
The collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the Division. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
Personal information we collect directly from you:
We collect personal information you provide to us through our Website. For example, we may collect and use the following types of personal information you provide directly to us:
- Name and contact information, including your phone number, email address and/or address. We may collect this information when you register to become a member of the Division, or register to receive emails from us (e.g., to receive the Division’s Fast Facts newsletter), or sign up for one of our events. We collect this information in order to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Information about your relationship with a client or partner organization of the Division, which we collect when you register to become a member of the Division, or register to receive emails from us. We collect this information in order to grant you the appropriate permissions to access our services on our Website.
- Job application information you provide when applying for work via Work In Vancouver, which may include some of the information described above, as well as your CV, letter of motivation and any additional information provided by you in the application form. We collect this information in order to directly evaluate your application or to pass on your application details to the prospective employer.
- Any other information you provide to us through our Website, such as when you contact us for support (e.g., by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org). We will use this information to respond to your inquiries.
Personal information we collect from a Division client organization:
- We may receive personal information about you from the Division client organization with which you are affiliated (e.g., Divisions BC). This allows us to grant you the appropriate permissions to access our services on our Website.
Personal information we collect through automated means:
- The Division tracks records created and collects information through Google Analytics and log files on this server, including browser type, operating system, and time of access. This data helps us improve our service and detect any problems. We do not share this information with third parties, except when legally required. It is our obligation to monitor unauthorized usage.
Limiting use, disclosure and retention of personal information
The Division will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the informed consent of the individual or as required by law. The Division retains personal information for as long as it is needed to achieve the identified purpose(s) or related business or legal obligation. Personal information that is used to make a decision about an individual is retained for at least one year after using it so the individual has a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to it. The Division is guided by industry standards related to retention schedules or applicable legislation. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
Safeguards for personal information
The Division ensures personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. This website has physical and technical measures in place to ensure the security of information. Servers reside in a dedicated, secure website hosting facility (InMotion Hosting) and are accessible only to a limited group of authorized personnel. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operating practices of this website as part of our continuing commitment to privacy.
Individual access to personal information
Upon request, the Division informs an individual of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and the individual has access to that information. An individual has the ability to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information detailed under Contact us below.
Links to other sites
The Vancouver Division of Family Practice is not liable for the content, links, changes, or updates of external websites linked on this site, nor does linking imply endorsement. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of external websites we link to. Please read the privacy statements of any site requesting personal information.
If you have questions with respect to this Notice or the Division’s collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing at:
Vancouver Division of Family Practice
202 – 777 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4J7y
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal information, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer in writing, setting out the reasons for your concern. If, after our Privacy Officer has reviewed and responded to your concern, you remain dissatisfied, you may wish to contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia
Changes to this Website Privacy Notice
We may review and update this Notice as required to keep current with rules and regulations, new technologies and standards. Our Notice may therefore change from time to time. We will post any changes on our Website and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice where required by law.