Vancouver Primary Care Networks
Registered Nurse In Practice
Registered Nurses provide an important role in primary care in Vancouver. The Vancouver Divisions and Vancouver Coastal Health have partnered to integrate Registered Nurses (RNs) into existing family practices as part of the Primary Care Network (PCN) in your region. n
Licenced Practical Nurses (LPN) into existing family practices as part of the PCN in your region. T
Roles and Responsibilities
- Screening, assessment and management of mild to moderate conditions and complex but stable medical conditions and MHSU concerns
- Promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Prevention, treatment and palliation of illness and injury
RNs build capacity in Patient Medical Homes to enable:
- Increased capacity for primary care providers to focus on patient care
- Increased attachment of 500 patients over one year
- Increased support for patient education, outreach and chronic disease management
RNs Supporting Team Based Care
Click here to read an article about how the PCN RN is supporting team based care at Fraser Street Medical Clinic in PCN 6.
Want to know more?
Availability of PCN RN contracts is limited. If you are interested in finding out more about PCN RNs and whether your clinic is eligible, contact your Community Network Manager.